CLEVELAND, Ohio — Why is the Cuyahoga County Board of Well being conserving important data secret?
We’re speaking concerning the coronavirus instances in colleges on This Week within the CLE.
Editor Chris Quinn hosts our day by day half-hour coronavirus information podcast, with editors Jane Kahoun and me, answering all types of questions from the information.
You’ve been sending Chris plenty of ideas and options on our from-the-newsroom account, during which he shares a couple of times a day what we’re serious about at cleveland.com. You possibly can join free by sending a textual content to 216-868-4802.
And also you’ve been providing all types of nice perspective in our coronavirus alert account, which has 13,000-plus subscribers. You possibly can join free by texting 216-279-7784.
Listed here are the questions we’re answering right this moment:
1) Nineteen college students and 4 school in a minimum of eight suburban Cleveland faculty districts have the coronavirus, however the Cuyahoga Board of Well being is conserving it secret. Does the board know who it really works for? Why the secrecy? Well being Commissioner Terry Allan cited privacy concerns Friday, however stated all of the instances are associated to sports activities. He additionally stated his board is monitoring an unspecified variety of further instances.
2) What number of Ohio voters threat getting kicked off the voter rolls in the event that they don’t do one thing to remain, like vote within the presidential election? Ohio Secretary of State Frank LaRose has published an online list of nearly 116,000 voter registrations that can be purged in December, until the voters take motion to take their names off the record.
three) What do we all know concerning the newest dying on the Cuyahoga County jail, the second in brief order after the jail had gone greater than a yr with out one following a rash of them in 2018? Devauntae Daye, 28, was pronounced dead about 3:45 a.m. by paramedics. Daye had been on the jail since Might 17. A preliminary trigger was not offered.
four) So do we have now a greater understanding now of why it’s OK for college age children who’re studying remotely to collect at daycare facilities however not at their faculty buildings? Groups like the Boys & Girls Clubs are opening up space for remote learners whereas making an attempt to remain protected.
5) People have a lot in frequent – love of household, rewarding jobs, pets, hobbies – so what did we study by exploring the explanations for why we appear so offended with one another throughout social gathering strains? Animosity between Democrats and Republicans has been festering for decades, driven by a growing ideological divide between the parties and amplified by social media and cable news. It infiltrates our garments, our procuring habits and the décor we select for our properties.
6) What was the purpose of College Hospitals Nursing Analysis and Innovation Day on this time of a pandemic? The Innovation Day was held completely on-line, featuring a series of original projects. It was designed to spotlight nurses who’ve devised methods to enhance affected person care whereas encouraging others inside the occupation to do the identical.
7) For the second time in a few weeks, an entire lot of individuals marched to the house of Cleveland Mayor Frank Jackson. What number of participated Saturday, and what did they need? Roughly 60 individuals marched to Jackson’s dwelling to demand that he fire officer Jose Garcia, who fatally shot 22-year-old father Desmond Franklin.
eight) Maple Heights has filed an interesting lawsuit in opposition to Netflix and Hulu that might have nationwide ramifications whether it is profitable. What does the Cleveland suburb need? Maple Heights is seeking to make the companies pay fees because their services rely on internet technology in the city.
9) The Cleveland Marathon was digital this yr, which type of defeats the entire objective, so is it planning to have an in-person race in 2021? The 2021 Cleveland Marathon is scheduled for Might 16, and registration is open. For the 44th working of one of many quickest, flattest 26.2 programs within the nation, the plan is to collect in individual.
Do you get your podcasts on Spotify. Find us here.
In the event you use Stitcher, we are here.
RadioPublic is one other standard podcast automobile, and we are here.
On Google Podcasts, we are here.
On PodParadise, find us here.
And on PlayerFM, we are here